When looking for a children's dentist in Langley, what do you need to know? How do you find the right 'fit'?
If you are looking for a dentist for your child – whether she is an infant whose first teeth are just emerging, or a teen who needs braces – it's important to choose an experienced, patient professional who loves working with children.
The dentist's practice, from the dental staff to the range of services, must meet both your children's needs, and your own.
Choosing the right dentist can be overwhelming, especially if you're not quite sure which questions to ask.
With that in mind, we've compiled a list of great initial questions to ask yourself as you search for a children's dentist in Langley.
Before Your First Visit
- Does the dentist have special training or interest in treating children?
- Is the dentist a member of the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry?
- Is the dental office atmosphere inviting and friendly for children? Does it provide children's books, toys, games, or child-sized furniture?
- What procedures does the practice follow in children's dental emergencies?
- Is the office location convenient, near your home or your children's school in Langley?
- Does the practice accept your dental benefit plan?
After Your First Visit
- Were the dentist and dental team on time for your appointment?
- Did they ask for your child's complete medical and dental history? (This is very important!)
- Were the dentist and his team gentle but thorough when examining your child's mouth?
- Did the dentist and her team interact well with your child? Was your child engaged and comfortable?
- Did the dentist inform you about the development of your child's teeth, the causes and prevention of dental diseases, and effective dental care at home?
- Were your questions and concerns treated with respect, and answered in detail?
- Was the visit positive for your child, overall?
These are just a few things that would be useful to think about as you look for a children's dentist in Langley.